Furthering their mission to support accounting program enrollment and build a rich pipeline of future CPAs, the Illinois CPA Society and CPA Endowment Fund of Illinois are excited to announce applications are now being accepted for more than 40 scholarships worth up to $4,000 each that will be awarded through their Accounting Scholarship Program for the 2021-2022 academic year.
These scholarships are designed to support deserving accounting students and future CPAs across the state of Illinois and reward them for their hard work and success thus far. Applicants must be accounting students enrolled at Illinois colleges who demonstrate financial need, academic achievement, and leadership qualities. The streamlined application process requires just one completed application to apply for any or all scholarships for which the student is eligible. The application deadline for the following scholarships is April 1, 2021:
• Illinois CPA Society Accounting Scholarships for seniors or graduate students (separate scholarship application for racial/ethnic minority freshman).
• Herman J. Neal Accounting Scholarships for African American juniors, seniors, or graduate students.
• James A. Sikich Visionary Scholarships for seniors or graduate students.
• Jovencio P. and Violeta R. Mangahas Accounting Scholarships for seniors or graduate students.
• Women’s Executive Committee Advancing Women in Accounting Scholarships for female seniors or graduate students.
“Pursuing my passion for accounting hasn’t always been easy due to family hardships, but this scholarship is making it possible for me to be the first member of my family to graduate with a bachelor’s degree and prepare for the CPA exam,” says Jianna Keska, a Dominican University student who received a Women’s Executive Committee Advancing Women in Accounting Scholarship last year. “It’s absolutely worth the time it takes to apply.”
For more scholarship information and to apply, please visit www.icpas.org/scholarships.