Today House Minority Leader Tony McCombie (Savanna) announced the beginning of her Spring 2023 photo contest. This year represents the third annual program, which has showcased the incredible talent throughout the District.
This year’s contest will be no different than years past: participants will be asked to submit a photo that best represents the people and places of the 89th District—including any statues and monuments. The winning photo from each category (people, places, and monuments) will be displayed in Rep. McCombie’s Springfield and Savanna offices.
“I love our communities here in the 89th District, and while much of it is new territory due to legislative redistricting, that makes for an even more exciting photo contest this year,” said McCombie. “I am looking forward to seeing each corner of the “new” district through the lens of local residents. Spring time brings out the most beautiful scenery and I can’t wait to see that shine through in each photo.”
Rep. McCombie will choose winning entries and invite the photographers for an unveiling at the Savanna office. The winning photos will be on display for the term of the 103rd General Assembly.
The contest rules are as follows:
- Participants are asked to submit their photos by email to email@example.com
- Photos must be taken in the 89th District
- Photos must be taken during this spring, March—May 2023
- Photos are due June 1st and winners will be announced on June 21st
- Photos must be sent in high resolution
- In the email, please include the photographer’s name, home address, email, phone number, and where the photograph was taken
An 89th District map can be found on Rep. McCombie’s website at repmccombie.com. Participants seeking more info can call the district office at (815) 291-8989.