House Minority Leader Tony McCombie is again offering a free ‘Constituent Education Resource Card’ available to residents wishing to visit select museums and zoos in the Chicagoland area.
Families in the 89th District can utilize the pass to visit some of Chicago’s world-class museums through the pass, which is available on a first come first serve basis. The following museums are available in 2024:
- The Adler Planetarium
- The Art Institute of Chicago
- Brookfield Zoo
- Chicago Botanic Garden
- Chicago Children’s Museum
- Chicago History Museum
- DuSable Museum of African American History
- The Field Museum
- Lincoln Park Zoo
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Museum of Science and Industry
- National Museum of Mexican Art
- National Museum of Puerto Rican Arts & Culture
- Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
- John G. Shedd Aquarium
- Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center
- CZS Chicago Academy of Sciences
The pass is provided to Leader McCombie’s office by the Museums in the Park Organization. Only one group of up to four (4) can reserve the pass at a time. Please contact McCombie’s office at (815) 291-8989 and provide your name and address along with the dates you are requesting (can be used for up to 3 days in row) to reserve the Constituent Education Resource Card for your use.
“This is a great resource for families to take advantage of all the museum options the city of Chicago has to offer,” said McCombie. “As the cold winter months set in, a day of fun at any of these museums is a great opportunity!”
It is strongly recommended that families utilizing the card contact the museum they plan to visit to learn if pre-registration is required to visit.